I have cooked vegetable jalfrezi many times and everyone loves that, but once I had a guest but do not have time to go for shopping. I checked my fridge and found I don’t have enough vegetable, but I had lots of paneer and few baby corn and some mix bell pepper so I thought to make paneer in the same way as I use to make veg jalfrezi and it turns very delicious so my recipe for paneer jalfrezi is here.paneer jalfrezi is very easy to make and looks beautiful
Paneer jalfrezi is very easy to make and looks beautiful. many time when you can make restaurant-style jalfrezi at home.It’s easy to make. Paneer jalfrezi goes well with nan and rice.
- 100 gm paneer (cottage cheese)
- 3 tablespoon oil (any cooking oil)
- 1 medium size onion (chopped in slice)
- 1 medium size tomato (sliced)
- in ½ red bell pepper choppedstrips
- 4-5 in baby corn choppedlengthwise
- in ½ inch ginger choppedjulienne
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- teaspoon ½cumin seeds
- 2 whole red chili
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- teaspoon ¼turmeric powder
- 2 green chilli chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- cup ½tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon red chilli sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala (mix spices)
- salt as per taste
- Cut the paneer length wise and keep aside, you can cut in any shape, you like but my suggestion cut in length. As everything in chopped in strips.
Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a pan,when oil is hot add paneer and stir gently, cook for few minutes on medium heat until both sides turn light brown. Take out in a bowl and keep aside.
Heat 2 tbsp. oil in the same pan when oil is hot add whole red chili, cumin seeds stir till cumin start crackle, add chopped onion cook until onion get transparent (cook on medium heat) now add turmeric powder and tomato, cook until tomato become soft and the oil separates out, add baby corn stir-cook for 1 minute then add capsicum, red bell pepper, sauté them on high heat or medium high heat to keep up crunch, cook until vegetables slightly change colour.
Now add red chilli powder, chopped ginger and green chilli mix well then add tomato sauce, chilli sauce, and vinegar mix well add cooked paneer and garam masala and salt mix well remove from heat. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve paneer jalfrezi hot. with chapati or steam rice or NAN https://www.foodies-cooking.com/indiangarlic-nan-bread/ or chapati or steam rice.
You can sauté the paneer. If you want less hot skip red chilli sauce. Maintain crunch of vegetables to make perfect jalfrezi.
In the same way, you can make vegetable jalfrezi.
you can make paneer at home see how Home made paneer.