Mix vegetable fritters(pakora)
Mix vegetable fritters /pakora is very popular all time and street food snacks in India.Mix vegetable fritters are often served with chai.
- 1 small potato (peel and grated)
- 1 in small onion (chopped thin slice
- 2-3 tbsp. chopped spinach
- 2 flowerets cauliflower (grated)
- 1 tbsp. chopped cabbage
- 3-4 chopped green chilli
- 1 tsp. chopped ginger
- 1 tsp. cumin seed
- 1/8 tsp.turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour (besan)
- salt to taste
- In a bowl mix, all above ingredients and mix well don’t add water.
- For mixing, you need to use your hand .heat oil in the pan when it becomes hot pour spoonful batter in oil and fry till golden brown.
- Fry till golden brown colour on medium heat when it is done take out from oil and put on oil absorbing paper or kitchen towel to absorb excess oil.
- Serve hot with mint dip and hot Indian tea. pakora taste great with hot Indian chai /tea.
- Chai click the link for tea recipe.
- Note —Heat oil over medium heat for frying. check oil temperature drops few drop of batter in oil if oil is at right temperature batter should float up immediately.