Daal Tadka/lentil soup/curry recipe
What we need
- 4 tablespoon moong dal/green bean without skin
- 4 tablespoon masoor dal/red lentil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste freshly made
- 1 medium green chilli slit (optional)
- 1 medium size tomato chopped
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 whole red chill
How to make
- First mix all three daals, clean and wash in running water and keep aside. Heat oil/ghee in a pan or pressure cooker. Once the oil is hot add chopped onion stir and cook until onion become light brown then add ginger-garlic paste, green chilli, turmeric powder cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add chilli powder, salt, garam masala powder and cook till tomato become soft.
- Now add dal and 3 cups water and cook for 3 whistles in the pressure cooker on medium heat then reduce heat and leave for 5 minutes turn off heat.
- Let the presser cooker cool down and open the lid and stir with the spatula to mix slightly and mash dal little bit. Now, you can add some more hot water if needed. You can adjust the water as per the consistency you want. Take out in a serving dish.
- Heat oil/ghee in a pan or presser cooker, once oil is hot add chopped onion stir and cook until onion becomes light brown, add ginger garlic paste, green chilli, turmeric powder cook for another 2-3 minutes then add chilli powder, salt, garam masala powder and cook till tomato become soft. Take out in a serving dish.
- To make tadaka– Heat ghee or oil in a pan. Once the ghee is hot add whole red chilli, cumin seed and cook for few seconds. When cumin will start to crackle then turn off heat add red chilli powder and pour this tadaka on dal. Serve hot with rice or roti.