Baked apple with dates
Baked apple with date and almond is deliciously warm and aromatic dessert. It goes well with vanilla ice-cream or whipped cream or you can serve only baked apple.
What we need
4 medium size apple
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon powder
4 tablespoon chopped dates
1 tablespoon chopped walnut
1 teaspoon butter
2 ½ cup boiling water
How do make
- Preheat oven to 190oC temperature.
- First wash and dry apple then peel an apple and cut the bottom (stem) area and take out the seeds with the help of the metal spoon, scoop seeds and make the wide hole around 1-inch diameter or so. Now it will be easy to fill…
- You can use an apple corer to core an apple.
- Place all stuffing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Combine brown sugar, chopped dates, chopped walnut, cinnamon powder, butter and mix all very well.
- Fill each apple properly with stuffing.
- Cover each apple with the aluminium foil.If you do not want to use aluminium foil you can skip this step, but I recommend it foil gives a nice and clean look, easy to serve.
- Place apple in a baking dish pour boiling water into the bottom of the tray.
- Bake at 190oC for 40 minutes or until apple is tender; do not overcook.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- I prefer to serve with foil and keep ice-cream and whipped cream separate in a bowl and let everyone guess what is inside.
Apples are high in fiber, vitamin C and known as antioxidant fruit. Eating apples every day have multiple benefits for health. Apple can be used raw or applesauce, baked. Cooked apple is good for children easy to digest. If children do not like to eat apple raw, apple juice is another option to feed them good healthy food. As said, An apple a day keeps the doctor away.